Here & There

The move pretty much went without a hitch.

I worked half a day so my anxious ass wouldn’t be around biting my fingernails and pacing while the movers went through and packed our stuff. The apartment was empty by 3:00 and we were out the door by 4:00. Our stuff arrived yesterday and it seems everything made it to Minneapolis. I will never ride 8 hours in a car with my cats again unless either I or they are heavily sedated because OMG the yowling. And the thrashing. And the mashed up faces against their crates looking pitifully at me from the backseat.

Luckily, they love the new place and have forgotten all about the big evil car.

I am couch surfing this week. I am also training my temporary replacement at work. All this to say: I have been pretty absent from the blogosphere, but I hope to be back on a regular basis as soon as I am in Minneapolis for good and my life settles into a dull roar. I am checking in with my regular reads as I can and I miss you all!

I will write more soon. But I’d love to hear what’s going on with you in the meantime.

Tagged , ,

2 thoughts on “Here & There

  1. Anne says:

    I was SO WORRIED when we had to drive my cat (Ricky) the 400 miles from my parents’ house to our new place in Chicago. He HATES cars (as evidenced by every vet and/or parental unit visit he had been on).
    My parents drove down with me and the cat and he was cranky and yowling in his crate and somehow I thought it would be a good idea to open the door to his crate and pet him and he got out and promptly…fell asleep on my lap. He lounged in the sun on my lap/my Mom’s lap the whole way. I think that right there used up all my good luck for my entire life – but it was totally worth it.

    • Austin says:

      Ha – that IS lucky. We tried letting Ella loose once on another road trip and it didn’t help, just made the yowling louder because it was no longer muffled. Sappho is so terrified of everything unfamiliar that I’m sure she would immediately wedge herself under the gas pedal and we would all die.

      On this trip Ella would randomly thrash and scratch at the cage and generally freak out, which would in turn freak us out. Then she would settle down and be all “Wut?” Sappho would go silent for chunks of time and for some reason I was unable to let her be. I’d call her name, convinced she was smothered and dead, and that would start the yowling again (Spoiler! She wasn’t dead.).

      Am a rockstar pet owner, I know.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: